Featured Post

E-122 Cannabis Petition - Royal Commission on Cannabis

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Len Webber, Conservative Member of Parliament for 48005 Calgary Confederation (Alberta)

Len Webber, Conservative Member of Parliament for 48005 Calgary Confederation (Alberta)

"
Some of these spaces are 850 square feet, which I can't imagine would be sufficient for a pharmacy. Then I start to think that perhaps it is in anticipation of our government's moving forward with medicinal marijuana, and they are hoping to dispense it. I don't know.

Thank you all very much. We appreciate it.

I am going to adjourn the meeting. We will see you all again at the next meeting. Thank you all.

The meeting is adjourned.
"
May 16th, 2016 / 5:05 p.m.
Conservative
The Vice-Chair Len Webber
https://openparliament.ca/committees/health/42-1/11/the-vice-chair-27/



"
G: The Conservative Party is the only party that supports the status quo on marijuana laws. Why is that?

LW: I was a member of the Alberta alcohol and drug abuse commission before I became an MLA. I was on the commission for a number of years and I got to travel around the entire province and go into facilities where individuals were fighting alcohol and drug addictions. I also met with many addiction counsellors and many experts on addictions and every one of them, every scientist, every doctor told me that marijuana is a gateway to harsher drugs. I personally don’t want to see marijuana legalized in any way. The trafficking of marijuana is a serious crime and it should continue to be.

G: Have you ever consumed marijuana?

LW: No I have not, but I’ve been around people who have and I’m sure I was affected by secondhand smoke.
By Fabian Mayer, October 6 2015
CALGARY CONFEDERATION CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATE TALKS ISIS, HARPER’S RECORD AND ORGAN DONATION
http://www.thegauntlet.ca/calgary-confederation-conservative-candidate-talks-isis-harpers-record-and-organ-donation/

“Justin’s criminal justice priority is to change the law to allow the sale of marijuana in corner stores, making it more accessible to our children.  He simply doesn’t understand the needs and priorities of Canadian families,” said the Prime Minister
HARPER ANNOUNCES “LIFE MEANS LIFE” AS HIS GOVERNMENT’S TOP JUSTICE PRIORITY
August 28, 2015
http://www.lenwebber.ca/life_means_life
https://openparliament.ca/committees/health/42-1/11/the-vice-chair-27/


No comments:

Post a Comment